Energy management forms an integral part of any environment management strategy. With the growing threats of global warming and climate change, energy management has become a key focus area across all sectors of business.
Energy is often one of the major contributors towards carbon emissions, especially in South Africa which is heavily reliant on coal as a primary energy source for electricity generation. This, coupled with the above inflation energy price increases that South Africa has experienced as well as the possibility of a Carbon Tax are driving factors for energy reduction.
GCX offers a range of energy services that can be tailored to fit clients across all sectors:
Energy Efficiency Audits
What is an energy efficiency audit?
- This is an audit of energy consuming equipment on site
- Includes an analysis of current energy usage patterns
Why is energy efficiency important for your business?
- Identify significant cost savings opportunities on your electricity consumption
- As energy is often a large contributor towards a company’s carbon emissions, energy management opportunities can form part of your company’s carbon emissions reduction strategy
Our approach to energy efficiency audits:
- After meeting and planning with key personnel, GCX will perform a detailed walk-through audit of your facility
- A comprehensive report will be delivered that includes:
- Historic usage analysis, and an energy consumption baseline.
- Analysis of current energy parameters and usage patterns
- Energy Efficiency Interventions, including financial analysis of the interventions
- Simple Energy Management Plan which will prioritise the recommended interventions into Short Term, Medium Term and Long Term actions, based on calculated savings and financial return.
Energy Management Plan
What is an Energy Management Plan?
- An Energy Management Plan is just that, a plan to reduce and manage your companies energy consumption.
Why is Energy Management important?
- Without a clear and detailed plan, companies find it difficult to focus on those interventions that will make the most difference to the bottom line, energy and cost savings.
How we will work with you to implement an effective Energy Management Plan?
- Once Energy Management Opportunities (EMO's) have been identified and to ensure that momentum is maintained, GCX works with the client to identify those EMO’s that best suit the client’s budget, goals and resources.
- To ensure successful EMO implementation and energy reductions, GCX will engage with the client to:
- Identify an Energy Team that will drive internal awareness and the implementation of Energy Management Opportunities
- Report on implementation progress of EMOs as well as the effectiveness of implemented measures
- Where required by the client, GCX can project manage the implementation of the EMOs
On-going Energy Monitoring and/or Management
What is on-going Energy Monitoring and Energy Management?
- Monthly measurement and monitoring of energy consumption
Why is on-going energy monitoring important for your business?
- Enables monthly performance tracking
- Increased accuracy of energy consumption data
- Measurement data can be used to verify energy savings due to the implementation of energy efficiency measures
- Helps to create a culture of energy management through energy monitoring and verification within your company
- Creates a fantastic platform to support energy efficiency case studies as they are implemented
- Provides real time return on investment information as you improve efficiencies
- Facilitates the reconciliation of municipal bills to actual energy consumed to ensure you are always charged correctly
Our approach energy monitorng and management:
As companies do not always have the resources available to manage and monitor energy consumption at their facilities, GCX offers an on-going energy management service that is tailored to a company’s needs and often includes the following:
- Our team will scope your facility and propose the most effective monitoring solution to suit your business. We do however generally recommend permanent measurement installations that can be monitored remotely.
- Monthly energy monitoring and reporting tailored to your needs
- Highlighting consumption variances and anomalies
- Energy Bill and Tariff reconciliation
- Energy Baseline identification (across a company’s facility portfolio)
- The reports will also include agreed upon KPIs that enable you to track monthly energy performance.
- GCX will meet with you monthly/quarterly to discuss the reports and to address any queries relating to them